When we starting looking at where funeral homes were concentrated across B.C., we weren't surprised that the lower mainland accounted for around 30% of funeral homes. What did come as a surprise however was that the Fraser Valley had an additional 20%. (Note that we are including Maple Ridge and Langley in the "Fraser Valley" with the eastern cut-off being Chilliwack). By our count, there are 20 funeral service providers in the Fraser Valley, with InMemory (as at June 2018) having 19 Fraser Valley funeral homes in our database. It is our hope that this information will help make the process of finding a funeral home just a little bit easier for you and your family.
This guide is comprised of 3 different parts:
- Refresher on how to use InMemory to find and compare providers in the Fraser Valley.
- Listing of funeral providers broken out by city in the Fraser Valley
- Summary analysis of funeral prices in the Fraser Valley
How do I use InMemory to find and compare funeral providers?
4. Alternatively, you can view dedicated search results for funeral homes in the Fraser Valley; for the purpose of this search, we have centered it in Abbotsford with a range of only 25 kms. To see a broader list of funeral homes which includes almost all of the funeral homes covered in this page, change the range to 50 kms.
InMemory Services Ltd.
Fraser Valley Funeral Homes - Funeral Home Prices Fraser Valley - Funeral Homes in Fraser Valley
Find and compare Funeral Homes & Funeral Celebrants in Fraser Valley British Columbia
Listing of funeral providers broken out by city in the Fraser Valley
Or, if you'd like to first consider the options available in Fraser Valley funeral homes, we have provided a list for you in alphabetical order by geo-location:
Abbotsford Funeral Homes
- Fraser River Funeral Home
- Hendersons Fraser Valley Funeral Home
- Wiebe & Jeske Burial and Cremation Care
- Woodlawn Funeral Home - Clearbrook Road
Aldergrove Funeral Homes
- Alternatives Funeral & Cremation Services - Aldergrove
- Just Cremation
- Society's First Alternative Services
Chilliwack Funeral Homes
Langley Funeral Homes
Maple Ridge Funeral Homes
- A Simple Cremation
- Ancient Burials
- Garden Hill Cremation and Funeral Services
- Osborn's Maple Ridge Funeral Chapel & Crematorium
Mission Funeral Homes
Analysis of Funeral Homes in the Fraser Valley
Just like other cities and regions, funeral prices in the Fraser Valley vary greatly; looking specifically at the professional fees levied by the funeral provider only (i.e. not including such costs as cremation container or burial caskets, cremation fees, flowers, cemetery plots etc.), the lowest priced direct cremation comes in at $295, and the highest price traditional funeral is $4,649.
Average prices for a traditional funeral, graveside service, memorial service (following a cremation) and a direct cremation are $916, $2645, $2,629, and $3.831 respectively. (See below table). One interesting observation ... on average, the cost of such funeral services in the Fraser Valley are between 25-30% cheaper than in Greater Vancouver.
- Min $ 2,243
- Max $ 4.629
- Min $ 1,250
- Max $ 3,334
- Min $ 1,039
- Max $ 3,639
- Min $ 295
- Max $ 1,480
Further detail on additional costs and cash disbursements (over and above the funeral provider's professional fees summarized above) is available on our InMemory resource page - How much is it going to cost? We are also pleased to provide further information on financial assistance should it be required. Lastly, we have some insight that you might find interesting that will help prepare you before you contact a funeral home.
Thank you for using InMemory.ca. We trust you find the information contained within this site to be useful and encourage you to reach out to funeral homes through InMemory.ca and also to leave a review of your selected funeral home afterward your service so that others will benefit from your experience.